Sunday 4 March 2012




Here is a place that offers fine Italian dining, mouth watering desserts and exclusive champagne to wash it all down. Now, that is what I call an awesome evening. Located at the basement of Orchard Central, this chic bistro boasts a spacious and posh interior. A place that you can choose to have business meals, family dining or even just chillin' out with friends. So here's the real deal. 


I have been to this bistro several times and it has always been a pleasant experience. Served by friendly service staff, a glass of cocktail and good food, what more can one expect. Let me share some of my favourites...


One of my favourite salad that I choose to kick start my meal is this. Classic Caesar Salad tossed lightly in its dressing. It's the whole experience of warm flowing egg yolk with toasted crouton and crispy bacon. Well, I wished I could have several more plates of this for dinner but no, there is much to try. Light, delicious and authentic.


What's next? Although I have tried several of their appetizers, there is this particular one that is really addictive. I have been ordering it almost every time I dine there. It is good if you want to have something to share with your dinner companion. This is really a must try when you visit this bistro.
Pan seared Prawns on Semi Sundried Tomato Puree & Scallops on Onion Confit topped with Avruga Caviar Lemon Butter

And now, moving on to the mains. There is a wide variety of mains to choose from. There's a selection of pastas, pizzas, meats, fish and seafood. Get what you have been craving for throughout the day. I have tried most of it and if you crave a pasta, I would recommend the Carbonara. Well, not a cream person? Fret not, there is also the pasta that is served in pesto sauce. So there you go.. spoilt for choices. Here's what I think is a must try...
Pan seared Cod fish with Potato Gratin, Carrot Puree glace with Veal Jus


For me, nothing beats having a dessert to end my meal. Something sweet and light perhaps? Or something heavier like a Marble Cheesecake with Apricot Coulis & Berries? Hmm.. maybe also a  Banana Panacotta topped with Raspberry Coulis and Berries? My choice is still the...



Traditional Italian Tiramisu topped with shaved Chocolate
To end the night, chill out at their wine bar. With light pop music playing in the background and huge comfortable arm chairs, it is just the perfect way to laze the evening away. There is a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks on their menu. So take your pick. My choice...




Looking good? Nah.. Its tasting good and feelin' good at Covelli. So pop by and check out this place either on a weekday or a weekend. Either way, its good!


Info:
Covelli Italian Bistro & Wine Bar
181 Orchard Road #B2-13/22
Orchard Central
Singapore 238896
Tel: 62386400
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/covelli.singapore
Website: http://www.covelli.com.sg/  


1 comment :

  1. I went to Covelli for a drink with a group of my colleagues. The ambience is good if just want to just sit down and relax, chilling out with friends. They have a wide range of both alcoholic & non-alcoholiz drinks, some of the alcoholic drinks are nice. I love their Lychee Gancia with a sparkling taste. Tequila Rose is another recommendation if you like and love strawberry cream taste liqueur. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Nice to know you're reading this blog and an even greater pleasure to know that you bother to comment. Way to go! Cheers!